Saturday, July 10, 2010

Broccoli Salad-Give it a chance!

Broccoli Salad-This salad immediately makes me think of the 4th of July and BBQ's with friends and family. It seems a little strange but all the flavors come together and leave you with a very yummy summer salad. My boys even like it! The recipe I got from my mom and unfortunately she doesn't have measured amounts for everything. I will give approximations but you can certainly add or subtract to your liking.

Broccoli- 2 heads
Celery- about 2 stalks Diced
Green Pepper- Diced (I have also omitted this before and it turned out fine)
Onion- 1 medium diced
Golden Raisins-2 cups ( you could use regular or craisins but these are good)
Sunflower seeds salted- 1 cup
Mayonaise- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 TBSP
Vinegar- 2 tsp
Bacon (about 1/2 a pkg. cooked until crispy and good for crumbling.)
Liquid Smoke- 1 tsp. (special addition-you could leave out but it tastes SO good with it!)

Directions:
Mix Mayo, Sugar, Vinegar and Liquid smoke in a Large Bowl
Chop what needs to be chopped
Add Everything into the Large Bowl and mix thoroughly.
Chill in the fridge.
Best to eat on the day you make it.

Enjoy!

No comments: