Sunday, October 20, 2013

Thai Curry Peanut Sauce

Thai Curry Peanut Sauce

The other night Jeff took me out to a Thai restaurant. We ordered a lame pad thai and a delicious plate of Thai Peanut Curry. YUM! I knew that I had to find the recipe so I could start replicating it at home. That is what I did and I had to make a lot of changes to the original recipe to make it perfect. Enjoy!
If you like OurBestBites' Thai Peanut Noodles then you will like this.

1 Tbsp sesame oil (or Veggie oil)
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp red curry paste
3/4c. Peanut Butter (You may want less or more depending on taste. I do a little less.)
1/4c brown sugar (you may want to add a little of this but I thought 1/4c. was good)
1/8tsp. chili powder (this can get pretty spicy. I would lessen if you are a heat wimp.)
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 Tbsp fish sauce (or lime juice)
1 can coconut milk

In sauce pan on medium heat add oil and garlic for 1 min. Add red curry paste for 1 min. Then add 1/2 can coconut milk and then whisk in Peanut Butter, sugar, chili pwdr, cayenne pepper, and fish sauce. Then add the rest of the coconut milk and simmer until sauce has thickened and is smooth.

Add veggies and rice and chicken and enjoy!

Ideas: Saute onion with the garlic. Add zucchini, red or green peppers, broccoli-anything you want!
We like to add cilantro and chopped peanuts.
You could serve over noodles if you wanted as well!

No comments: