Thursday, September 22, 2016

Lemon Butter Chicken

I saw this recipe on Facebook via OurBestBites. It is actually from eazy peazy meals. My family and I gobbled it right up but I did make some changes to it because of time restrains and lack of ingredients. Posted below I have the changes I made. If you would like to make the original then click on the link above. It was flavorful and a nice change of pace from our standard fare. Enjoy!
Lemon Butter Chicken
Ingredients
  • Chicken tenders 1-2 per person (I used 8)
  • 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
  • 3 Tablespoons butter, divided (I used olive oil)
  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (Mine was not the fresh stuff but it was grated:)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Splash of dry white wine (optional) (I didn't use)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (I omitted because I didn't have any)
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • Dash salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
  2. Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  3. Add the chicken and fry both sides until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
  4. While the chicken is resting, return back to the same skillet and melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
  5. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and thyme.(I added a slight amount of flour and stirred vigorously to help mine thicken.)
  6. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
  7. Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker. You don't want the sauce to become too runny! 
  8. Serve on top of noodles or rice. 

No comments: